Vaster than Empires and More Slow
Vaster than Empires and More Slow is a short story appearing in The Wind's Twelve Quarters.
The title of the story is a line from Marvell's poem "To His Coy Mistress":
- Our vegetable love should grow
- Vaster than empires, and more slow...
Essays like this are so important to broandeing people's horizons.
- Additionally, World 4470 itself is arguably a character; see that article for more.
- World 4470 (setting)
- Terra (briefly setting and character origins)
- Hain (character origins)
- Urras or Anarres (character origins)
- Beldene (character origins)
- Alternative Ecology
- Mindspeech, thinking and emotions
 Unclassified Information
This is information from the story to go into articles which have not yet been created.
- "the Terrans, having been not only founded but salvaged by the Hainish..."
- "Cosmic mass interference had not yet been eliminated from the operation of the ansible, and so instantaneous communication was reliable only within a rance of 120 lightyears."
- Terran government called "Government of Earth" or "Terran Authority".
- Mannon (who is Hainish): "a beating-gron. What Terrans call a scapegoat."
- "In Great Hainish indeed there is one word, ontá, for love and for hate."
- "...a [Cetian] mandala, the Third Pattern of the Primes."
|Vaster than Empires and More Slow|
|Asnanifoil | Jenny Chong | Eskwana | Harfex | Mannon | Olleroo | Osden | Porlock | Poswet To | Haito Tomiko|
|Beldene | Smeming Port|
|The Dispossessed | The Word for World is Forest | Rocannon's World | Planet of Exile | City of Illustions | The Left Hand of Darkness | Four Ways to Forgiveness | The Telling|
|Coming of Age in Karhide | Dancing to Ganam | The Day Before the Revolution | A Fisherman of the Inland Sea | The Matter of Seggri | Mountain Ways | Old Music and the Slave Women | Semley's Necklace | The Shobies' Story | Solitude | Unchosen Love | Vaster than Empires and More Slow | Winter's King|